Tuesday, June 16, 2009

About me




My name is Susmita. I am from India. I know four languages – three Indian languages and English. People think that’s cool but it’s pretty normal for anybody from India to know more than two languages.
I came to the University of Illinois last year to study Advertising. I never thought my life would bring me here as I come from a family of engineers. So I’m sort of like the “black sheep” in my family. But I love it. No matter what people say about advertisers and how ugly they portray us ‘capitalist devils’. I read somewhere that a job in advertising is looked upon as the second lowest respectable jobs to have. The lowest being that of a….car salesman!
Anyway, Jon, the INFO 303 instructor says we must create links now. So I have to stop cribbing NOW. The websites I visit regularly are afaqs, adage, RIVET, and Anoushka Shankar’s website. I’d also like to add a link of this website because I recently acted in a monologue - my first theater performance that I was really, really excited about. The play was called Chimeras.
So that’s a little bit about me :)

1 comment:

  1. I saw Anoushka Shankar play on the Concert for George (Harrison) dvd--she is incredible!

    ReplyDelete